How to Order
Parallax Semiconductor orders are initially placed through Parallax.
Prices for each product are published and maintained on this web site. Please contact our sales department if you have any questions regarding our policies, pricing (subject to change without notice), and availability.
Unless you have a reseller's permit or tax exemption certificate on file with us, all orders shipped to California will be charged 8.25% sales tax; all orders shipped to Indiana will be charged 7.00% sales tax, and all orders shipped to Washington will be charged 6.00% sales tax. Submission of a certificate is not retroactive; therefore, you will be charged tax even if you later submit a certificate.
Online orders may be placed anytime through our secure server on www.parallax.com. Online orders require Visa, MasterCard, or American Express and are shipped UPS or USPS. Orders received before 2 p.m. PST will be shipped the same business day if all items are in stock; orders made with US Mail as a shipping provider might not ship out the same day as the order being placed regardless of whether the products are in stock. Orders received after 2 p.m. will be processed for shipment the following business day (Parallax's regular business hours are Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. - 5 p.m. PT). All online orders are delivered Monday through Friday, unless you call our Customer Service Department at (888) 512-1024 in advance to request a Next Day Air Saturday delivery for an extra charge (usually $20 plus the cost of a Next Day Air shipment).
Other Ordering Options
- Authorized Distributors: Authorized Parallax Semiconductor distributors are Digi-Key and Mouser.
- Phone Orders: Phone orders may be placed by telephone during the hours of 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. PT. Customers may call (916) 632-4664.
- Fax: Purchase Orders may be submitted by fax to the attention of the Sales Department at (916) 624-8003 (see purchase order policy).
- Mail: Pre-paid orders with a personal check or money order may be submitted to:
- Parallax Semiconductor
Attn: Accounting Dept.
599 Menlo Drive, Suite 100
Rocklin, CA 95765
In person: Please phone ahead prior to 2 p.m. for walk-in orders so we can have the order waiting for you at the front desk. If you require technical assistance, please call the Technical Support Department at (916) 632-4664 in advance to set up an appointment.
Stock Availability and Back Orders: We take every effort to ensure adequate stock at Parallax Inc., but we periodically run out of products. You will only pay for items when we ship them to you. If you order items that are out of stock and choose the "Ship Partial Order" option at checkout, then backordered items will ship separately, and you will be charged an additional shipping fee when those items are shipped to you. Your original shipping charges will be adjusted downward (based on weight and dimensions) to reflect the cost of only the items sent. The backorder shipments will be shipped the same method unless you contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to specify another shipping method.
Domestic Order Shipping Options:
Domestic orders may be shipped using UPS or USPS. Actual rates for online orders will vary depending on the shipping location.
Parallax is not responsible for any brokerage, customs fees, or country taxes. The actual value of all orders is indicated on the invoice, and restatements using lower values are not permitted. The cost of the order will be higher than if you use one of our distributors.
USPS 1st Class International Mail - Alternatively, we now offer a USPS 1st Class International shipping option; however this service does not include insurance, or tracking. Customers accept full responsibility for any lost, or damaged orders. These orders will not be replaced or refunded by Parallax.
Purchase Order Policy:
Customers who elect to purchase using Net 30 days payment terms are required to submit a written or printed company purchase order. Net 30 Customers must pre-pay their first order by check or credit card. All public schools are exempt from pre-paying their first order. Purchase Orders must include the following information:
- Credit Reference: We require that you fax a standard credit sheet to us in order to set up an account with our company. This should include at least three trade references and banking information. Please note that the first purchase order will not be processed immediately because we must first approve the account. It takes approximately two to three days to process a credit sheet. A customer service representative will call only if there are necessary adjustments or corrections that need to be made.
- Signature: An authorized signature must be on the purchase order. This signature constitutes the seller's (Parallax, Inc.'s) acknowledgement of the buyer's request and shall become a binding contract containing the terms and conditions set forth by both parties.
- Purchase Order Number: A purchase order number must be stated on the purchasepolicies, order.
- Shipping and Billing Address: A shipping address and billing address must be clearly stated on the purchase order. Please include a contact name, telephone, and fax number of your purchasing representative as well as an Accounts Payable contact.
- Shipping: All shipping is prepaid and added to our invoice unless otherwise stated on your purchase order. Please include the statement "Prepay and Add Shipping" on your P.O. unless you have a designated shipping account with UPS or FedEx. We also require that a preferred delivery method be stated on the purchase order. If this information is not stated, we will ship the order UPS Ground.
- Terms: All terms are Net 30. This must be indicated on your signed purchase order.
- Tax Status: Please advise as to whether your order is taxable, non-taxable, or reseller. If your order is tax-exempt, we must have a copy of your reseller's certificate before your order is processed.
- Description and Pricing: Include the product name, stock code, and price. We also request that quantity and unit pricing is accurate, as these terms are non-negotiable.
- Minimum Balance: Purchase orders have a minimum balance of $100.